Monday, May 25, 2009

About Me

I was a working actor in Sydney, Australia , working on major movies, tv series and plays and yet... whenever that script arrived, I would stare at it.. sitting on the table, calling to me..



but when I opened the package, and read the thing, my next question would always be:



What the hell do I do now?



Around that time I was studying with a teacher who handed me an excerpt from a book called

Sanford Meisner on Acting. I had never heard of this man but I read the two paragraphs that had been placed in front of me. And everything changed.



The next day I went out and bought the book and inhaled it in two days. The book describes a class, a 2-year journey with Mr.Meisner in New York. Upon finishing the book I knew what I had to do. I was going to go to New York and study that system, be in that class! I studied with renowned teacher Maggie Flanigan who introduced and guided me through the rigorous, dynamic and thrilling process of the Meisner technique. I have since worked in theatre and television in New York, LA and all over the US and now also privately coach and teach the process.. something that always re-inspires and re-awakens my own passion and love for the art of acting!

No comments:

Post a Comment